The Qwick-AID® Multi-Use Sterile Bandage is an all-natural composite textile. The bandage stops vascular and capillary bleeding. The unique patented technology has a specially formulated first layer that arrests bleeding in 45 seconds while the second layer evacuates discharge from the wound, Qwick-AID® Bandages do not stick to wounds, will not create a hothouse effect, and only require re-moisturization with water to be an effective dressing for up to 3 days when a second application is required post bleeding wounds. They are the most clinically and cost effective bandage on the market today.
- Unique combination of therapeutic ingredients in an all natural composite textile
- Will not stick to a wound or create a hothouse effect because Qwick-AID® maintains air permeability
- Assures good blood absorption while maintaining the stability of the bandage due to patented textile composition
- Requires only re-moisturization with water to be an effective dressing for up to 3 days when a second application is required for post bleeding
- Available in a 2″x 2″ convenient size for treating trauma related wounds
- The most clinically diverse and cost effective dressing on the market today
The application of the mixture of the two layers leads to the formation of a composite material, which consists of an alginate layer on its surface, a layer of non-woven material with alginate distributed inside, and a layer of alginate-free textile material.
The alginate layer swells up when applied onto the bleeding wound. The absorbed fluid partially migrates to regions outside the wound, thus increasing viscosity in those regions. That leads to the formation of the primary clot (thrombus).
The plasma is absorbed and filtered by the hydrophilic textile material, with concentration processes on the surface and blood cell aggregation.
A distinctive weight relationship found between the ingredients makes it possible to effectively increase the coagulability of the blood, maintaining sufficient viscosity in the wound to facilitate clotting.Summation of Benefits:
- Hemostatic Effect was noted to develop within the first minute in 100% of the cases
- A number of Clinicians in Haiti found Qwick-AID® to be beneficial in stopping bleeding and speeding the healing process.
- Prevented purulent complications despite contamination at the moment of injury.
- The Qwick-AID® Bandages turned out to be highly efficient in hemostasis, significantly reduces blood loss. Wounds heal quickly and stay healed.
- No Thermogenic Reaction – No Heat Generated
- Stand alone or in combination with other topicals.
- Highly effective for individuals using anticoagulants like Coumadin, heparin and Warfarin
- No dermal side effects, Hypoallergenic. Poses no danger to patient.
- All-Natural proprietary components make the bandage an “Order of Magnitude” superior to other products available.”
- Color may vary due to the all natural components, no dyes or chemicals used to process the ingredients.
- It is simple and safe to use, no prescription necessary
- Halts capillary/vascular bleeding
- Highly efficient in arresting venous hemorrhage from small and medium veins
- Recommended for use in trauma and parenchymatous hemorrhage
- No occurrence of allergic reaction or local irritation
- Did not stick to the wound and removed without pain
- Allowed patients to undergo treatment in an outpatient basis with no dermal side effects
- Easy and cost effective
Mixed martial arts have turned into the fastest growing sport in the world. Kids everywhere are signing up to learn the art of taekwondo, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu. Adults are using mixed martial arts more than ever for training as a way of staying in shape and losing weight. If you have ever taken a boxing/kickboxing class you know there is no other workout like it. Not only is it a great workout for adults, but also teaches kids discipline and respect as well as it being great tools to defend themselves, God forbid they ever face that dilemma.
In addition, the UFC is one of the most entertaining sports promotion companies ever to grace the TV screen. The athletes in the UFC are the crème de la crème in the mixed martial arts world and 9.9999 times out of 10, they’re ‘gonna’ put on a great show. With so many different styles fighting each other it’s always interesting to see which art will out maneuver the opposing force. From strikers like, George St. Pierre and Jon Jones to ground specialist like Damian Maia and BJ Penn, anything and everything can happen in the UFC.
MMA and Qwick-AID®
In addition to that, the new sports bandage from Qwick-AID® should be added to every first aid kit in every gym to every field and ice rink. Qwick-AID® is your first responder when those exposure points are cut, scraped or are gushing blood. These new bandages will stop the bleeding in less than one minute! God forbid in the case that you do have to call 911 you must take into consideration the response time. It can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes for your first responders to arrive and in the moment of an emergency that might as well be an eternity.
With all of the excitement and electricity in these fights we all know the dangers these athletes put themselves in. From severe hematomas to bloody gashes the cut-men have their hands full in between rounds. Over the years they have used many different products, both prescription and non-prescription while working on the fighters. Most of the products that stopped the bleeding were from a doctor such as the thrombin and adrenaline, but not any longer.
With the addition of an all-natural, non-allergenic, non-prescription hemostatic bandage called Qwick-AID®, the game has been changed. Qwick-AID® will stop the bleeding in seconds and it begins the healing process immediately. The cut-men have less than one minute to clean the fighters up and get them back into the fight. Qwick-AID® has proven time and time again to be a reliable tool for the hectic quick pace in which these guys work. The state of Nevada’s Athletic Commission has approved its use during and after the fight. Qwick-AID® is revolutionizing sports medicine and will continue to be there for athletes in all genres of sports.